Carroll Public Library
Current street address: 118 E 5th St. Carroll, IA 51401
Carnegie address: 118 E 5th St. Carroll, IA 51401
Original building still standing: Yes
Still in use as a library: No
Carnegie Grant Information
Date of Grant: February 12, 19031
Amount of Grant: $10,000.001
Cornerstone Date: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Carnegie Correspondent: Mrs. L. G. Bangs
Librarian, at Dedication: Miss L.G. Bangs2
Town & County
County: Carroll County
Population in 1900: 2,882
Population in 2010: 10,103
Twelfth Census of the United States â€” 1900. p. 449.
Carroll is the county seat of Carroll County, which was established on January 15, 1851. The county was named for Charles Carroll (1737-1832) who was the only Catholic signer of the Declaration of Independence. In 1855, Carrolltown became the county seat, but in 1869, the seat was moved to Carroll, which was more centrally located and had been laid out by the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad.
(Source: Pratt, LeRoy G. “The Counties and Courthouses of Iowa.” Mason City, Ia; Klipto Printing & Office Supply Company, 1977, p. 55.)
Library History Documents (Reports, Newspapers, etc.)
Library Board Materials (Meetings, Forms, etc.)
Facilities (Building Maintenance)
Operations (Library Service Expenses)
Librarian & Accession Books
Help us write this history!